About Me

My photo
In Front of My Computer Thats Set on My Desk In A Town House Where The Palms Sway, FL, United States
I'm a twenty-something married girl with a wonderfully creative husband, two fur babies, and a home. Yes, I'm finally an adult; I've got loads of laundry, bills in my mailbox, and dirty dishes in the sink and mommy ain't taking care of any of it. Oh and as for my blog name "Queso Fino"; this blog won't be in spanish although I do speak it quite fluenty... It's just all the good names were taken.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Tourist in Our Dining Room

About a month ago my hubby and I decided to tour South America's Amazon during our honeymoon. We spent 5 days living with a tribe getting to know them and their way of life; it was probably one of our most unforgettable travel experiences yet. 
Well, as it turns out, one of the tribes inhabitants apparently couldn't part with us when the time came, so into our backpack he went and took a trip back to the mainland and into the U.S. Now he was a full-fledged illegal alien who would spend an entire month hiding in our home only to make an appearance last night. LATE last night. An unpleasant appearance, might I dare to add. As my hubby stumbled through our dining room he kicked over what seemed like a plastic object, maybe a toy left behind from his toddler-nephew who had been over earlier; but then it moved. That's when we realized what it really was and went into full-panick mode. We won't tell you the fate of the creature, as we really feel bad ourselves, but really, what do you do when you find a spider 2" wide in your home where you only find a daddy-long legs once in a blue moon??? I wasn't sure if it would bite, jump, chase, or shoot. Yes, shoot. Haha! I'm no entomologist let alone an arachnologist. So the sky is the limit on what those guys can do to you as far as I'm concerned!
Anywho, enjoy his photo; it's a bit blurry because I snipped it from a video I took of my hubby hunting the alien.


4 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and deciding to stay for a while! My oldest son is deathly afraid of spiders...it's kind of funny, really. He's 6'6" and over 300 lbs!
Sandy

Cheese said...

Sandy: my brother has arachnaphobia! and the only spiders we are used to seeing here are the daddy-long-legs! if my brother found out about this big guy in my house, he will never visit again! haha! good thing this blog is semi-anonymous!!! hahaha! thanks for visiting!

Rachel @ Simple Girl said...

Yikes! I can't believe you had the sound mind to find a camera!

Cheese said...

Simple Girl, had you seen what Hubby looked like hunting this thing down you would've reached for your camera, too... After, of course, laughing til you cry!